Walnut Dash

To: tigers@autox.team.net
Subject: Walnut Dash
From: "Theodore V. Brown" <tbrown@midcoast.com>
Date: Thu, 14 Oct 1999 09:26:53 -0400
Sometime ago, I was looking at laminate chips at a building supply store
(not a whole lot of excitement in my life!) and noticed what I thought was
a perfect match to the dash in my Tiger MkIA (B382002384).  The chip is
Formica brand #1136-90 and is identified as "Chestnut Burl".  It was such a
perfect match that I bought some and made myself a console to hold the
radio, a couple of gauges and switches and installed it below the dash.
It's a quick way to replace a dash without all the hassle of veneers and
multiple coats of poly or whatever.  If you use a good automotive polish,
it should be pretty resistant to UV and it won't crack like the original.
I don't know if the laminate is still available but I have a lot left over
if anyone would like some.

Tod Brown