RE: F4B

To: "'Tigers'" <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: F4B
From: Bennett Cullen-P21988 <Cullen.Bennett@motorola.com>
Date: Mon, 22 Nov 1999 10:45:12 -0700
>After these two gaskets are securely in place, then you can put some
silicone,
>Permatex, or whatever you like on the top surfaces, especially at the four
>interlocking joints, just before you install the manifold.
In a book I read, I believe it was  "Rebuilding Your Small Block Ford" there
was a recommendation to put a double row (side by side) of sealant(s) across
the ends. One of RTV (silicon rubber) and the other one of Permatex (thick
dark brown or black goo in a tube). Set the manifold on gently, wiggle it a
bit, start the bolts, but do not snug them down for 24 hrs. I followed this
recommendation and have not had any leaks (yet).
Cullen Bennett
Tempe, Arizona USA