Re: F4B

To: Pete Stanisavljevich <pete_stanisavljevich@valpak.com>
Subject: Re: F4B
From: richards <richards@northcoast.com>
Date: Mon, 22 Nov 1999 20:11:55 -0500
My "proper" method for installing the intake end gaskets is as
follows....Clean the block surface to bare metal and clean with contact
cleaner.....apply a conservative amount of contact cement or "gorilla
snot"(super weatherstrip adhesive)......put a small dab of high temp
silicone in each of the four corners......install the cork gaskets and
press firmly to set the adhesive....important-let the adhesive dry for
about 5 minutes.....apply another dab of silicone to the four corners,
on top of the cork-in the corners only......install the manifold-use
four alignment studs if you are not confident in aligning the
manifold.....If you used the proper dap of silicone (in the corners
only) then a small amount will squeeze out when you torque the
manifold.  I also cut a small piece off of the tab corners of the cork
gasket.  Cut it at an angle that matches the angle of the cylinder head
to block angle.

Chris in Trinidad