Is it a tiger?

To: "'Tiger News Group List'" <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: Is it a tiger?
From: "Ronak, TP (Timothy)" <Timothy.P.Ronak@akzo-nobel.com>
Date: Thu, 13 Jan 2000 10:00:59 -0600
Listers,
I don't know who asked the question but I do know that when I went looking
my biggest concern was being ripped off. What I did to ease my stress and
minimize buyers remorse was to look for ALL of the tiger specific things I
could.
Specifically,
Ridges in the Trans tunnel I guess but I could not get under the car
Exhaust pipes going through the x-frame rails in little "tubes"
The battery mounted in the trunk with a fuel pump under a little door behind
the right seat under the rug...mine is a 66 MK-1A, It would be in the trunk
if it was a 67 Mk-II.. Check around this Fuel pump door opening to ensure
that it is nicely stamped and not cut into the floor
Is the spare flat and is there little Dzus tabs holding the rear package
shelf down.
Proper un-tampered with ID plates.
Same number on left valve cover as cowl plate with original rivets.
I hope that helps as flying out an expert is probably not going to happen.
Lastly if you get a Vin member to any one of us with a Book of Norman
perhaps we can verify it's history.
Best regards,
Tim Ronak
B382000680