Re: SETAC and Pirahnah

To: Chris Mottram <c_mottram@yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: SETAC and Pirahnah
From: Tom Hall <modtiger@engravers.com>
Date: Sun, 16 Jan 2000 12:31:01 -0600
At 10:46 AM 1/16/00 -0800, you wrote:
>Pirahnah - Myself and 5 other peple (some listers)
>went to Bill Cartus' house to strip the Tiger he
>rolled on the wau back from Big Sky.  5 Hours later
>and all that was left was a bent up shell with no
>front cap.  I did stumble across the TAC sticker while
>doing time under the dash (or splintered mess).  It
>will be for sale on EBAY with a starting price of
>$1500 ;-)

         If Chris had published the number of the TAC sticker and some of
you had observed the number and compared it to the red numbers on Norm's
TAC page, you'd have the solution to one of the questions about why they
turn red.  The second red number is much less obvious to the casual observer.

>Tech tip - easiest way to remove the engine is to cut
>off the front cap just infront of the fire wall,
>remove the motor mount bolts, slide engine and tranny
>out the front ;-)
         Easier but much more painful.

>South East TAC - How many people are required for
>TACing?  We have several meets each year in the south
>east.  I bet we could TAC many Tigers (15?) and may be
>able to foot the bill for one TACer to show up if the
>cost was split between all the recipients.  I'd cough
>up a few $.  If we need more than one TACer I imagine
>it would be too costly.

         Since you have several TAC inspectors on the East Coast, You only
need one Senior Inspector with stickers and Certs in hand for a total of
three.  And since you mentioned the sale of the sticker (with tongue in
cheek) you might explain how you are going to transfer the sticker, for
those who might be interested.

Tom Hall