Re: Dimpled Radiator

To: rpalmer@ames.ucsd.edu, stuart_brennan@agilent.com, Tigers@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Dimpled Radiator
From: MWood24020@aol.com
Date: Sat, 22 Jan 2000 00:13:00 EST
In a message dated 01/21/2000 8:49:13 PM Pacific Standard Time,
rpalmer@ames.ucsd.edu writes:

<< Next time this subject comes up, you're the designated engineer on call.
;-) >>

Thanks to all of you with engineering backgrounds.
In a book that I read a few years ago titled The Last Open Road (which if you
haven't read it, I would suggest doing...if you like fiction centering around
the old time sports car racing theme), the protagonist classifies auto
mechanics in three categories:
1. Shadetree Butcher: (those)...who only bring their car to a professional
shop after they've already made a total godawful mess out of whatever it was
they were trying to fix in the first place.
2. Part Replacer: ...know their way around a toolbox and an automobile all
right, but they don't understand at all how car stuff operates.
3. The Fixers: ...can diagnose...just like a medical doctor, and then go in
so slick and clean that when they're done, you can't even tell the car's been
worked on. A good fixer can even make parts.

I'm glad we have a good number of "Fixers" (that's Mr. Fixer to you, Bub) who
share their knowledge.
Now, if I can just figure out how to get past the Part Replacer stage...

Waxing poetic in Alamo, you know where the delete is-
Mike