Re: Fuel Tank

To: James Barrett <jamesbrt@mindspring.com>, tigers@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Fuel Tank
From: Bob Palmer <rpalmer@ames.ucsd.edu>
Date: Sat, 19 Feb 2000 19:10:59 -0800
Jim,

I have a fuel cell installed in the trunk of my Tiger. The work was done by
Dale A. He cut a hole in the bottom where the spare tire went and added a
box to fit the dimensions of a standard fuel cell. Tomorrow I will take
some pictures of the installation and send them to you.

Brgds,

Bob

At 05:33 PM 2/19/00 -0500, James Barrett wrote:
>Folks,
>         Checked with Fuel Safe and they had exactly the same sizes
>as ATL Tanks so no luck with stock sizes.  I did find a real
>cheap plastic tank on the web for $185.   Very similar to the
>plastic boat fuel tanks.  It also was the wrong size.  Have generated
>a drawing in Power Point for the tank I would like to have.
>Fuel Safe builds custom tanks so I will send it to them for
>a quote.  I expect the quote will be $1000. If so then back to
>looking for a stock size tank.
>James Barrett Tiger II 351C and others

Robert L. Palmer
UCSD, Dept. of AMES