Re: Fuel Tank

To: Tiger Email Network <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Fuel Tank
From: Stu Brennan <sbrennan@master.ncounty.net>
Date: Sun, 20 Feb 2000 00:15:52 -0500
All this talk about alternate fuel tanks reminds me of when I first
bought the Tiger.  My regular car at that time was a '73 German Capri
V6.  The fuel tank in that was against the rear of the back seats.  A
couple times I found myself wondering if the Capri tank could be made to
fit in the Tiger.  The capacity was about the same, and the width wasn't
that much different.  I don't recall ever taking a tape measure to it.
The trunk springs might have to be redesigned, though.

At one time Tom Ehrhart had a positively huge fuel capacity in the tow
Tiger, the normal tanks, plus another, which looks suspiciously like a
Capri Tank.   This was years back, so he may have changed it by now.
When I saw it, my Capri was long gone, so I can't say for sure.

Stu