Re: oil filters

To: JimboAnder@aol.com, tigers@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: oil filters
From: MWood24020@aol.com
Date: Tue, 7 Mar 2000 19:21:01 EST
JimboAnder@aol.com writes:

<<  On oil filters,
    After endless skinned knuckles I can say with some conviction:The
cleanest
 installation is a couple of aircraft-type hoselines to a basic installation
 just in front of the left front tire. Easily accessible for oil changes and
 ending  those hassles with clearances and rounded nuts inside the motor
 compartment. The endlessly generous and knowlegable Wally  Swift made my
 connections, but he may not be available for private consultations. >>

I did the same type of deal on my Tiger a number of years ago. It is a very
convenient location, just remember to make sure you have a good seal on the
lines and filter block, or else you'll wonder why the car pulls under
braking...until you notice the oil on the rotor!
Looking back on it, I regret cutting the hole in the fenderwell for the oil
line pass through. I like the idea of using the original filter location with
ss braided lines.
Mike