Re: voltage stabilizer

To: "Steven L. Finberg" <w1gsl@MIT.EDU>
Subject: Re: voltage stabilizer
From: Steve Laifman <Laifman@Flash.Net>
Date: Fri, 17 Mar 2000 22:05:42 +0000
Steve,

You are 100% correct, and we all know that.  I thought the question was why 2
output terminals at 10 volt, and why 10 volts instead of 12.  The answer
everybody
agrees on is that the dual outputs are for connection convenience, and are
essentially the same terminal.  And the reason for a regulated voltage, at all,
is
that the raw voltage varies too much.

The rationale for 2 solid state modules is to allow the independent calibration
of
the fuel level and the water temperature, to make up for circuit differences and
allow accurate readings of each parameter.

The rationale for one solid state unit is that it is more accurate than the
bi-metallic stock unit, and more reliable.   Since  new regulators are still
available, these options are probably an overkill, until you run out of gas when
you still had a 1/2 gallon left.

Bottom line, if there is something an electronic engineer can do to eliminate
electro-mechanical devices, he does it.  {9->

--
Steve Laifman         < Find out what is most     >
B9472289              < important in your life    >

                            _/
                     _/_/_/