Re: Water pump woes

To: suntiger8@juno.com, tigers@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Water pump woes
From: MWood24020@aol.com
Date: Sat, 18 Mar 2000 12:04:52 EST
In a message dated 03/18/2000 8:53:55 AM Pacific Standard Time,
suntiger8@juno.com writes:

<< I must apoligize for causing some confusion, though.  When I examined the
 pump I got from Sunbeam Specialties for my 260, I assumed it was cast
 iron because it looked so different from the one on the car.  The one on
 the car is polished and shiny, while the one from Rick is rough and
 appears unfinished.  It also has a grey rather than a silver color.
 Nevertheless, it is NOT cast iron.  I used my trusty magnet and it does
 not stick.  What gives? >>

Unless someone took the time to sand, fine sand and polish a stock water
pump, it sounds like the one you are replacing is aftermarket. The stock
finish is a rough cast aluminum, like the one you got from Rick.
If you do have an aftermarket pump, I would be curious to know what fan is
being run and what type of mods were made to clear the radiator...as others
have probably told you the "nose" on the Tiger correct pump is different.
Mike