Re: From the Hillman list: Re: "Hillman - " Driving an Old Car

To: Laifman@Flash.Net, Tiger289@aol.com
Subject: Re: From the Hillman list: Re: "Hillman - " Driving an Old Car
From: "scott van every" <irishve@hotmail.com>
Date: Thu, 23 Mar 2000 12:10:54 PST
Steve and Fellow Listers:
I guess we all know that MTBE in drinking water is bad news. Most of us are
drinking bottled water already because of what is coming out of the tap.
What does it do to engines?  The news put out in the press was that
oxygenating fuel would just make the existing gas burn much better, thus
giving better milage and cleaning the air.  Was that hype and B.S. or
somewhat true?
Scott