Re: 351W head questions

To: Derek White <derekw@zamnet.zm>
Subject: Re: 351W head questions
From: twojohnsons@home.com
Date: Thu, 06 Apr 2000 08:18:36 -0400
UPS delivered my Edelbrock 6037s yesterday. It will be a few weeks before they
go on. But it's not only about power, quality is an issue also. I thought about
Twisted Wedges---they DO make the most horsepower of the street-legal heads, but
the various Ford lists are replete w/tales of poor quality as well as the
tortured valve train geometry. Edelbrock has all threaded holes helicoiled, and
stripping bolts in Aluminum, particularly in oft-used areas like plugs, is
something that is much less likely w/steel inserts. They are beautifully
finished, w/CNC gasket matched ports too.
Canfield is supposed to be putting out a street legal head soon.
Al J.