inquiry 041400a

To: "National Corporation (E-mail)" <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: inquiry 041400a
From: "Wright, Larry" <larry.wright@usop.com>
Date: Fri, 14 Apr 2000 06:38:11 -0500
        Theo Smit wrote:
>This is a test.

        If this had been an actual Tiger emergency...

        Pete Stanisavljevich wrote:
>So does anybody know were this car is now? Or for
>that matter where Jo Collins is now?

        A web address was posted a while back (2-3 years) leading to some
story about her appearing somewhere for a charity event, or a groundbreaking
ceremony, or something else. I recall it _was_ connected with the magazine.

        TIGEROOTES@aol.com wrote:
>    Mark Unrau in Vancouver, BC still has half a dozen
>repro Mk 2 grills left  from a remanufacturing run about
>20 years ago...

        What never ceases to amaze me is the part about these not fitting
MK1's and Mk1A's; that too was posted here at one point. Why would Rootes
change the body pressing to change the shape of the nose of the car
just-that-little-bit? The grille is the one part, IMHO, of the MKII that
looks better than a MK1, although my wife really disagrees; a MK1 with a
MKII grille would look pretty good. Indeed, doesn't one of the Tiger books
show a MK2-1/2 with the eyebrowed headlights _and_ the MKII grille?

        Dan wrote:
>Again Thanks to all. This list is fantastic and the people that
>make up this list are too. It feels great to be associated with
> such a wonderful group of people.

        Well said! I second that!

        BTW, I'm curious who, if anyone, has comprehensive info on
when/where/who raced Tigers back in the 1960's. A few night ago, I was
looking at a detailed local map (in the Washington DC region we have an
equivalent of those great Thomas maps I saw/used in San Diego last year),
and noticed that the site _and_ pavement of the old Marlboro Speedway is
still shown; it's about 8 miles from my house. I was too young to have gone
there when it was open, but a co-worker of mine that did said that a couple
of years back he nosed around there, saw the grandstands, etc, until chased
off the property. I get the impression from the few references I've seen
that it was once a well-known course on the sport-car racing circuit. Anyone
know of Tiger presence there? I smell a photo opportunity...
        From the little map I printed off the 'Net yesterday, it appears to
be one _tight_ course, with two 180-degree hairpins too allow Tigers to show
off their Ackermann geometry.

Lawrence R. Wright, Purchasing Analyst
U S Office Products, Mid-Atlantic District
Formerly Andrews Office Products
larry.wright@usop.com
Ph. 301.386.7923  Fx. 301.386.5333