Tiger Lettered AC Housing

To: "Tom & Joanne" <tigertoms@aol.com>,
Subject: Tiger Lettered AC Housing
From: "Daniel S. Eiland" <deiland1@elp.rr.com>
Date: Wed, 19 Apr 2000 08:22:38 -0600
Tom,

    Was looking at the AC housing and went and got my original housing out
and mounted it back to the car. It fit without any interference at all. Shut
the LAT hood and there was plenty of room between the hood and the housing.
Somewhere someone said something about making a spacer. Got to thinking
about what I could use. Needed something about a 1/4 inch tall. Went and got
out my bag of tubing and started looking at the different size tubing. Found
a piece of 5/32 vacuum tubing and cut it to fit around the top of the
Carburetor to act as a gasket between the AC housing and the carburetor.
This works perfect. Raised the housing just enough to clear the float
adjustment screws and still low enough that it doesn't interfere with the
LAT hood closing. Used a straight electrical crimp connector with the
plastic removed to hold the tubing together in the shape of an "O ring".
Now all I need to do is find a way of sealing the holes they drilled through
the bottom of the housing to clear the adjustment screws. Have any
suggestions? Thought about the aluminum tape used on ductwork. Not sure if
the glue on it would hold up to the amount of heat generated under the hood
inside the AC housing. Any ideas are welcome. Thanks to all those that have
helped so far.

Dan Eiland