Rear spring mounts

To: "'Tigers@autox.team.net'" <Tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: Rear spring mounts
From: Theo Smit <TSMIT@isotel.com>
Date: Mon, 24 Apr 2000 08:39:35 -0600
Hi Listers,

Having spent the greater part of last week's evenings contemplating the
underside of my Tiger while comfortably reclined on my creeper (I was
putting a new exhaust together), I've discovered a number of interesting
features of my car, among which is the fact that the rear spring mount
reinforcing pieces (toward the center of the car) are cracked. What is the
best way to make this problem go away? Cut/grind the old pieces off and weld
on new doublers? Thicker doublers? Gussets?

Regards,
Theo