Hardtop

To: "Tigers@autox,team.net" <tigers@autox.team.net>,
Subject: Hardtop
From: "Daniel S. Eiland" <deiland1@elp.rr.com>
Date: Mon, 29 May 2000 17:10:54 -0600
Hi Listers,

    I guess my mail got lost. At least it did not show up on my email so I
will attach it to this and try again. Hope I can Get some good input.

Dan

Hi Listers,

    Finished up the dash pad today. It came out looking a lot better than
what was there when I bought the car. Want to thank everyone on the list
that gave me input into how to install the thing. Can't thank Rick at
Sunbeam Specialties and Martha at Pro Prep Interiors enough for their high
quality merchandise and business integrity. Received damaged goods that they
did not have to replace but both replaced them immediately. It's comforting
to know we have such reputable suppliers for our cars.

    On a second issue, I need to fit my hardtop. I finished restoring the
top but the side latches do not line up properly. A matter of fact, several
things don't line up properly. Can't get the pins into the trunk hinge
piece, the alignment pins just behind the doors do not align, and the rubber
pad at the side latch on both sides doesn't even come close to touching the
car. Rick sent me a different type hardtop to body seal so I am using one I
had before I started the hardtop project. The one rick sent looks like a
crescent moon shape and the one I am currently using looks like a round
hollow sponge. It looks like the roof is sitting too high, thereby keeping
everything from lining up. The roof sits up so high that the seal above the
side windows doesn't touch the windows. Taking the family to our mountain
retreat for the weekend. Going to meet some friends up there, cook outside
on the grill and sit out on the deck all weekend. Play a little baseball and
golf with my 8 year old and just spend some quality time with the wife and
kid. Plan to tackle the hardtop problem when I get back. Any input would be
appreciated. Has anyone had this problem before? This hardtop is not the one
that came with my car. The original had completely rusted away under the
rear and side windows. The rear corners were completely gone on the inside.
Was cheaper to buy another hardtop and restore it than to do major
reconstruction on mine and restore it on top of that. Could there be a
difference in how the hardtops were made? Should I change out the hardtop to
body seal with the one Rick sent me? Will it make that much of a difference?
Leaving tomorrow some time, will be back by Tuesday. Look forward to hearing
it's just a simple adjustment. >>>>YEAH,  RIGHT! $%$#@   Now you know the
real reason I'm going away for the weekend. Have a SAFE holiday weekend.

Dan Eiland
B382002652LRXFE