Generator to alternator conversion

To: tigers@autox.team.net
Subject: Generator to alternator conversion
From: Steve Lemp <steve@ramus.com>
Date: Thu, 04 May 2000 07:57:47 -0700
First of all let me apologize by saying that I know this subject has been
covered many times on the list. Unfortunately I can't find my archived
information, so I need to bring up the topic again. I've made the decision
to convert the charging system on my '64 MkI from a generator to an
alternator. I'd appreciate input from any of you who have done the same
thing. Primarily I'm looking for comments regarding 1-wire vs. multi-wire
installations (I'd like to maintain use of the existing ammeter and
ignition light); makes that have been used (GM, Ford, etc.)and any
schematics or wiring diagrams for setups that have been successful would be
greatly appreciated. I'll take your e-mails 'off-list' to avoid any further
repetition.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Steve Lemp
B9470250