Re: inquiry 060900d

To: "Wright, Larry" <larry.wright@usop.com>
Subject: Re: inquiry 060900d
From: Larry Paulick <larry.p@erols.com>
Date: Fri, 09 Jun 2000 18:02:01 -0400
Larry, if you want to borrow the speedo and tach from the Alpine, you
are welcome.

I have the tech tip for rebuilding the tach, and all it needs is 2
transistors and 2 capacitors, which I got from the Elec. Warehouse in
Beltsville, behind Costco/Price Club.  Less than $15.

The next thing is to add an MSD, and this requires some internal mods
for the tach, but no big deal, and a lot cheaper than sending it to
someone.  This works with the Mallory Unilite and MSD.  Still under $25
in parts.

This modification allows the potentiometer to be adjusted for accuracy
at a specified rpm.

On the horns, I used a 130db set from JC Whitney in plastic.  Cheap,
around $16 a set, but loud and not tinny.

You may want to check the adapter for the Mazda XR7 as this adapter fits
the spline on the Tiger steering shaft.  This would give you a horn
button in the center of the steering wheel.

Give me a call.

Larry