inquiry 060900d

To: "National Corporation (E-mail)" <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: inquiry 060900d
From: "Wright, Larry" <larry.wright@usop.com>
Date: Fri, 9 Jun 2000 13:10:33 -0500
        About overdrive switches: do those come with the lever, or would I
have to buy that separately? And does anyone have one laying around to sell?
I haven't checked SS or CS or TT catalogs, so I don't really know current
pricing or availability.
        No, I'm not adding an overdrive to the GQ in an effort to lower
highway RPM's further. Nah, I've been driving around (insert laugh here)
since '95 without horns, and the Grant wheel I use has no provision for a
horn button once I've adapted the hub and center pad from my SV Alpine. I
think I _really_ _need_ horns, and actuation via an overdrive switch --
modified for 'momentary' operation somehow -- remains my 1st choice for
switch placement.
        And horns: right now Hella seems like a good choice for some
substantial db w/out spending a lot of money, and I've liked other Hella
products (lights, mirrors) I've had before. Pros & cons? Alternatives?

        Gauges: My tach has been dead since I installed the 302, and
cleaning the connections, etc., didn't help. I recall List chatter about
Tiger tachs being incompatible with "modern" ignitions like the Unilite I
have. So, I guess, shipping it off to Mo-Ma (or somewhere else??) for a
"conversion" makes sense, before I find the redline on this engine the hard
way (ouch).
        The speedo works, sorta. It'll run for days, then stop. Next time I
get in the car, it's fine. I drove to the PA BASH w/out knowing how fast I
was going, but once there it ran just fine. So I know the cable (3rd since
I've had the car) isn't broken. But the speedo should get an internal
rebuild, the appearance is fine.
        Well, I don't want to drive around all summer with two holes in my
dash while the gauges are off somewhere. So, I'm wonderin' if any Listers
might have spare gauges to "loan" to fill up the holes for a while. The tach
can be dead-dead-dead, I wouldn't even connect it, but a working speedo
would be real nice. Just a thought. Or is this more effort than it's worth,
and I should hold off until winter -- thus no autocrosses, drags or other
'performance' events until then -- to get the gauges done?

        I've actually used WOT a couple of times recently, and I started
think a few of these minor issues could become major ones at the wrong
moment.

        I'm sure Mark is trying to 'fix' the Lists to get the Digests back
on track, but it's weird right now only hearing from y'all every 5 days or
so.

        Larry Wright
        "I can't get no-- Satis-Traction"