Re: Carb Question

To: randya@pacbell.net, tigers@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Carb Question
From: MWood24020@aol.com
Date: Sun, 11 Jun 2000 20:45:12 EDT
In a message dated 06/11/2000 2:48:31 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
randya@pacbell.net writes:

<< Is anyone running their beast with a 465 CFM Holly AND getting good
 performance?  I was
 trying to keep my car mostly stock, hence the small Holly.   However,
 the performance level is
 more like a pussycat than a tiger, and I was wondering if the small carb
 could be the reason.  It
 seems that most Tiger owners are using the 600 CFM carb.  >>

Randy-
I run a 465cfm on my roller cammed 302. I found the 600 too "flat" below 3500
rpm and made the swap, because I didn't know how to tune the 600 correctly.
My car has set numerous top times in Tiger autocrosses and, as everyone
knows, it isn't the driver, so I would say the 465 is not an impediment to
good, all around performance. I'm sure for outright, top end power the 600
would make more....
I think the 465 is a good compromise. If your car doesn't feel very strong, I
would look at some other areas, particularly timing curve, before giving up.
Mike Wood