Re: Carb Question

To: randya@pacbell.net
Subject: Re: Carb Question
From: Steve Laifman <Laifman@flash.net>
Date: Sun, 11 Jun 2000 18:22:10 -0700

Randy,

I am, and the car runs very nicely. IMHO, it’s mixture ratio is right on
the money at any throttle position, load, and in-between. (Measured on
Edelbrock F/A ratio meter) Did modify the main jets in the primary, and the
spring in the vacuum secondary.

The car pulls strongly in any gear, including 4th, at any rpm - including
1,000 in 4th, and responds instantly to throttle of any magnitude.

Now, I don't know that a 600 won't be a bit ahead under certain conditions,
but they are known to be an overcarburation and tend to bog under sudden
throttle openings. Unless you are running some radical 302, it is unlikely
that you will pump the rated capacity of the 465, much less the 600.

Maybe you need some jetting work, and some ignition work. The stock
distributor is way too slow in advance, although the final advance is
probably OK.

Steve

--
Steve Laifman         < Find out what is most     >
B9472289              < important in your life    >

                            _/
                     _/_/_/