Re: Dumb things that happen when you're in a hurry.

To: theo.smit@intel.com
Subject: Re: Dumb things that happen when you're in a hurry.
From: DJoh797014@aol.com
Date: Thu, 6 Jul 2000 01:02:34 EDT
Theo

If you can, try and read the new STOA tech tip on
bushings and A-arms.  From personal experience
and after seeking knowledge from experts I can
state with conviction that:
    ALL Delron bushings MUST have a source of
    lubrication.  Moisture will seep between the
    Delron and the steel fulcrum pin causing rust
    and friction.  Eventually the bushing will seize
    and break either the pin, A-arm mounting ring,
    or fulcrum pin bolts.  My fulcrum pin broke
    while doing 65+ on the QE2 in Ontario.  By the
    grace of God the car did not roll.  If I had stuck
    with the original design (steel with rubber bushings
    or now steel with poly bushings) this would not
    have happened.  Also if you insist on using the
    Delron, I HIGHLY recommend you replace the
    fulcrum pins with the super strong pins from
    Doug Jennings.  The STOA tech tip should be
    required reading.

    If interested I can send a fairly detailed how-to
    on taking apart the front end.  I'll attach it via
    Email so not to use up the Tiger net space.

Dave Johnson, B382002668, Aurora, IL