RE: Dumb things that happen when you're in a hurry.

To: tigers@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: Dumb things that happen when you're in a hurry.
From: Theo Smit <theo.smit@intel.com>
Date: Thu, 6 Jul 2000 09:20:25 -0600
Hi Dave,
Thanks for the advice. Doug Jennings' installation instructions do mention
that the joint MUST be free to rotate, and lubricated, and the bushing has a
groove cut into it so that it can be drilled for a grease port. Whether or
not you use that feature is up to you.
Fortunately, southern Alberta's climate is more like Arizona than Ontario
(if you ignore the temperatures), and you don't need to worry too much about
moisture in the air corroding things. I have spoken to Doug about a set of
new lower fulcrum pins, and a pair of the next batch are going my way. I
agree (and everyone should be aware) that Delrin bushings put extra shock
loads on the suspension components compared to urethane and especially
compared to the stock rubber parts, and the extra load might be enough to
break old corroded fulcrum pins. This gets worse if you use low-profile
tires, because there's not as much sidewall to absorb pavement breaks, ruts,
and curbs.

Maybe your front end instructions could go to the Tigers United website?
That way everyone can access them, without you having to individually mail
out copies to all the interested parties.

Regards,
Theo