Re: traction bars

To: "Ronak, TP (Timothy)" <Timothy.P.Ronak@akzo-nobel.com>
Subject: Re: traction bars
From: Steve Laifman <Laifman@flash.net>
Date: Mon, 10 Jul 2000 18:57:00 -0700
Tim,

I did not mean to reply to your message (below) to the list, but needed to
correct any misinterpretations of what I said, as your message was sent to the
entire list.  Please pardon the broadcast reply.

The original design Traction Master LAT bolt-ons are exactly the bars I have,
and installed.  The "rubber snubber" is J&E's statement, not mine, and I was
just trying to figure out what they might be - as they are not on my car, nor
with the Traction Masters.

There is absolutely no "adjustment" on the U-Bolts.  These must be tightened
securely with good lock nuts like the originals as they hold your axle in
place.  No room here for play.

Allowing the front of the bar to have slack will allow the sharp edges of the
clamp to continually bang and rattle against the spring.  This can damage the
spring, as well as drive you crazy with the noise on acceleration and braking.
The banging can severely damage the spring. The rubber padding I used was
simply to stop any rubbing from sliding forces wearing the spring with the
sharp corners of the clamp. The clamp is tight.

I am sure your will find all this out for yourself once you install a set.

With all due respect,

Steve

--
Steve Laifman         < Find out what is most     >
B9472289              < important in your life    >

                            _/
                     _/_/_/