RE: CRACK AT TAC

To: "Norman Miller" <rootes1@best.com>, <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: CRACK AT TAC
From: "Allan Connell, Jr." <alcon@home.com>
Date: Fri, 14 Jul 2000 18:36:43 -0700

Though it is late, allow me to echo Norm's observations.

In the past there has been a great deal of interest in the TAC program in
the SoCal area.  We finally have the folks coming to town in a couple of
weeks.

The CAT warehouse is pretty centrally located in the Los Angeles area and
not hard to get to at all.  For those of us in San Diego, it is only a
little over a 90 minute drive.  Though my car has already been TAC'ed, I
plan on attending the event if only to point and giggle at Ramon. Anyone
from down here want to caravan up, just let me know and we will set
something up.  Contact me of-line and with your name and phone number.  I
will be gone all that week attending a business meeting returning late
Friday so I will have to set up the route on Saturday....so there probably
won't be time for emails.  Hell, I might even bring a cooler of cheap beer.

If you want your car TAC'ed, drive, drag or tow it in.  If you don't give a
rats a*s about TAC, that's your opinion and I respect that.

Thanks Norm for leading the charge.

Regards,

Allan
B9472373, TAC#284

For your consideration:

A review of my "Registry" "TAC" entries reveals some rather disheartening
statistics.  Out of the 248 California Tigers carrying authentication
markers, only 50 are from the southern part of the state.  Nearly half of
that number were inspected and labeled way back in March, of 1994.  I would
suggest the July 30th "TAC" opportunity at the CAT club parts warehouse is
a bigger deal than others seem willing to trumpet.

The grapevine is reporting no more than four, or five applicants thus far,
not what one would call an encouraging signal against the "Committee"
effort to make the service available.  The Los Angeles basin is the single
largest stronghold of surviving Tigers on the planet.  Those of you already
through the process need to become proactive.  Please consider picking up
your phones, or whatever.  Nothing happens without a little exertion and
adding to the list of verified vehicles benefits us all.

The warehouse is located:
11005 S. Shoemaker
Santa Fe Springs, 90670

Inspections commence at 9 AM.  The examination team will be:

Ramon Spontelli
RS122149@exchange.SanDiegoCA.NCR.COM

Tom Hall
modtiger@engravers.com