Re: Rust Preventatives

To: "Tom Witt" <wittsend@jps.net>, <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Rust Preventatives
From: "Chris Hill" <Pirouette@uisreno.com>
Date: Sun, 6 Aug 2000 01:45:08 -0700
Tom,
     I ditto Larry.  Much respect for the product.  May not replace
powdercoating, but it's awfully tough.  My #1 car has alot on it in various
places and is perfect after 8-10 years, but it's been in a garage.  IF (a
big if) you have easy access to the underside (rotisserie,etc.), the ideal
way to go is  to mist a little spray can black  over the POR when it's
tacky.  Then you can epoxy primer, undercoat or whatever you want to finish
with and it will bond perfectly.
     If the car  will be over you when applying, you better look like an
astronaut ready for orbit.  It really won't come off if it dries and body
heat seems to accelerate that.  POR + PPG DP90 epoxy primer produced an
incredibly durable coating for me, but anything hard can be chipped easier
than something with resilience like undercoating.

Chris Hill