Toploader questions

To: "'Tiger News Group List'" <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: Toploader questions
From: "Ronak, TP (Timothy)" <Timothy.P.Ronak@akzo-nobel.com>
Date: Sun, 29 Oct 2000 22:16:17 -0600
Listers,
I obtained another toploader transmission but I am not really sure what I
have. I measured the one in my Tiger and it is the original HEH-E tranny and
the tail-shaft section to the edge of the yoke seal is 15 and ½ inches. The
tranny I obtained is a HEH-M Trans with both bolt patterns and with the rear
section being only 14inches long. I thought the Tiger had the shortest
tail-shaft section?
Regardless I needed the front bearing/seal support to fit in the new 6 Bolt
bellhousing that mates up to the 5.0 HO block I am using.

My Question is: this case is a dual bolt pattern case and I would like to go
through it and prep it for the Tiger. Can I swap the tailshafts after or do
I need to do it as part of the rebuild. If I do does anyone have a spare
Tailshaft and the Tailshaft housing required to build it while I still drive
my car? I am hoping that this is the wide ratio trans with the lower first
gear....can anyone confirm that. It has been gone through and looks nice and
clean but one of the gears dog teeth are missing and I want to ensure that
this thing is Mint and a wide ratio box like the HEH-B.

 I like the idea of building a separate tranny as I do plan on "testing "it
with the new 350 motor (Yes..that is 350 C.I., a FORD 5.0 stroked 349.68
exactly).

Does anyone have details about this or what vehicles came with a 15.5" tail
section on the Toploader.

On the on going engine project:
I should be receiving the twisted wedge heads back this week after they
complete the warranty work. Still waiting on Lunati for the 350 engine kit
but they are making it with the pistons cut for the twisted wedge heads. I
ordered the Trick Flow stage 2 hydraulic roller cam and upgraded the valve
springs to ensure they work with increased lift of .544". I have ported the
Performer RPM manifold to match the Twisted Wedge heads as well as cleaned
up the heads around the seats and in the exhaust. I noticed that some
aftermarket companies are now offering modified (Polished and flowed bodies
with the air horn machined or cast without it for $175) carburetor bodies
for Holley carbs and I plan on ordering one for my 650 DP.
Anyone got some 7/16" 1.6 ratio stainless roller rockers they don't need
anymore?????
Still hoping for 420-430 HP under 6500 RPM!

I think I will keep the 2.88 gears though.

Sure would like to have it done by Christmas.

Regards,
Tim Ronak
B382000680