Re: Body panel replacement questions

To: Chuck Keding <mhp@flash.net>
Subject: Re: Body panel replacement questions
From: Larry Paulick <larry.p@erols.com>
Date: Sun, 24 Dec 2000 09:59:52 -0500
Chuck, I can't help you with body pannels, other than the before
mentioned post re Vic Brit.

On the color, are you keeping the car, or planning to sell it.  If you
are going to keep it, it's your car so paint it what ever you want.

With more hp, enlarging the exhaust pass through holes, and welding a
pipe will give you room to run a true 2.25" exhaust, without criming,
and strengthen the frame.

The area aroiund the front connections of the rear springs shoiuld be
checked for cracks and then reinforced with gusset plates.

I also added a plate on top of the front frame rails where the bolts for
the crossmember go through the frame, and then seam welded the front
frame rails.  The panhard rod connections is also an area of cracking
and needs a look see.

There is an excellent article from Tom Hall re the front crossmember,
and how to weld and reinforce this part of your car.

Good luck.

Larry

PS - What were the estimates for a shop doing the work.  Private email
me if you wish.