Re: Body panel replacement questions

To: tigers@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Body panel replacement questions
From: ZUKPJ86@aol.com
Date: Wed, 27 Dec 2000 06:31:47 EST
In a message dated 12/27/00 12:28:45 AM Eastern Standard Time,
larry.p@erols.com writes:

>  > When replacing the rocker panels, do I need to flex the door openings to
>  > open the door gaps so that the load afterward closes up the door gap?
>  >
>  > or
>  >
>  > do I weld them in with the door gaps as desired?
>  >
Hi Chuck,
Good for you...you can do it yourself and save big $$$.
Just allow plenty of time.It will take longer than whatever you estimate!
Take lots of measurements along the way and it will turn out fine fine!

As for the door gaps, I did not have any trouble with them. I used no jigging
when doing the rockers. This included inner and outer rockers.

I did however, as you should, make sure that you have a good solid frame
before doing the outer body. If you have rot in the frame rails or x member,
make sure to fix that first.....

Good Luck...

Paul in (frozen) PA