Re: Snap map help

To: larry.p@erols.com, marrone@wco.com
Subject: Re: Snap map help
From: CoolVT@aol.com
Date: Sat, 30 Dec 2000 11:46:00 EST
I can't respond to the snap feature, but can to the insulation.  I purchased
the insulation you describe (foil on one side) from JC Whitney.  I installed
with foil side down and attached with spray adhesive (follow directions on
can).  The results are very, very good.  I am in a colder climate, but even
on 95+ days and in combination with my 1A vents, heat is not really a
consideration at all.  I mean my feet used to roast.  Now....nothing.
  I put in as many large pieces of the insulation as possible and then used
the scraps to fill the small spaces. Went up the firewall as far as I could.
BTW, since the insulation is about 1/2-3/4" thick, won't it be higher than
the snaps?   Do the snaps have to be built up and the insulation cut around
them?   For me it wasn't a consideration.  I bought the carpet in bulk, made
up the pieces and believe I attached with upholstery or auto tacks.  But the
insulation, in my opinion, is the way to go.   Mark L.