Re: LAT hood on Ebay

To: Pirouette@uisreno.com
Subject: Re: LAT hood on Ebay
From: DJoh797014@aol.com
Date: Fri, 12 Jan 2001 18:44:49 EST
My original LAT hood died went my #1 son hit that
light pole last September.  But the best way I could
describe the hood is that it was quite cheesy underneath
and didn't fit worth a hoot.

Anyway Gene Padgett still has the Tiger he bought new in
Texas.  He waited 6 months to get the car with the LAT
hood painted with the car at the factory.  Imagine an
original owner car with the original paint. The hood is like the
one you see in the brochure complete with the decal in the
middle under the hood scoop.  His hood was exactly like
mine except my decal was missing

One oddity about his car is that when delivered it had
MK II seats, wrong for B382001447.  What's a concurs
judge to say when he's the original owner and the car
has the original paint, interior, carpets, etc.?  Rick
McLeod said that he had heard that Sunbeam made
MK II style seats for a London show car.  Perhaps
these were extras.  Who knows?  Gene doesn't and
he's not about to replace the seats with MK IA covers.
That's why concurs judges have to be very flexible
and realize that the books aren't always right.

Dave Johnson