Re: LAT hood on Ebay

To: Laifman@flash.net
Subject: Re: LAT hood on Ebay
From: DJoh797014@aol.com
Date: Sat, 13 Jan 2001 16:48:51 EST
According to Wally Swift, Chrysler made a final run of
Alpines with the MK II style headlight rims.  He seems to
remember the number of about 200 and production was
made with what leftover pieces they could find.  Who knows
some of the odd combinations that resulted.

I'm sure Sunbeam was just like Intl Harvester when I worked
for them.  When engineering spec changed for a tractor,
IH would use the old parts until they were exhausted.
Otherwise the change would suddenly create excess and
surplus inventory.  I remember one change for the steering
wheel on the combine.  We had just received in 200 of the
old wheels.  That's what went of the next 200 combines in
spite of what the specs called for.

Case in point is the washer bottles.  Most of the MK I's, I
have seen had the embossed bottle, MK IA had the blue
Tudor, and finally the MK II's had shorted fatter Tudor
bottles.  But I have seen MK IA with the embossed bottle
and an original owner MK II with the MK IA bottle.  I think
Sunbeam installed what they had on hand.  They only
somewhat sure thing was MK I have embossed bottles.
Who cares if as someone has noted his pump does work.
I don't understand, my pump works super.

Dave Johnson, B382002668