"Re: Q' Ships

To: TIGEROOTES@aol.com
Subject: "Re: Q' Ships
From: twojohnsons@home.com
Date: Tue, 23 Jan 2001 17:46:29 -0500
You are VERY wrong as to the success achieved by the German armed merchant
raiders during WW2. May I recommend "The Secret Raiders" by David Woodward,
which
traces the successes of ten such raiders. They sank nearly 3 times the total
tonnage accounted for by the entire remainder of the German surface navy. In
fact
two of them---The Atlantis (145,697 tons) & The Pinguin (136,551 tons) EACH sunk
more allied tonnage than the two vaunted battleships Scharnhorst and Gneisenau
operating together (115,622 tons).
Al Johnson