Re: New Dining Room Furniture

To: bmelusky@netscape.net
Subject: Re: New Dining Room Furniture
From: "Steven L. Finberg" <w1gsl@MIT.EDU>
Date: Fri, 16 Feb 2001 14:46:43 -0500
<I seem to recall the dismantling and reassembly of an MIT
<student's car in his upper floor dorm room. As I recall
<(a 60's prank)the perps had to leave by the window because
<the door would not open.

<Melusky

There are two well know hacks (non harmfull practical jokes)
involving the sudden unexpected apearance of cars here at MIT.

The first involved a working Model T on the roof of a new
5 story dorm in the WW2 era. No crane.. no lifts.

A much more recent one had a campus police car on the top of
a 100' dome in the middle of campus.  Very visible to commuters
coming into Boston. For details see;

       http://hacks.mit.edu/Hacks/by_year/1994/cp_car/morepix.html

                        Steve F

Steve Finberg                        W1GSL                       w1gsl@mit.edu
PO Box 397082 MIT Br        Cambridge MA  02139-7082              617 258 3754