power + Header help

To: "Bob Palmer" <rpalmer@ucsd.edu>
Subject: power + Header help
From: "Derek White" <derekw@coppernet.zm>
Date: Thu, 22 Feb 2001 11:37:36 +0200
Interesting posting Bob,

I learned this "average power" idea when I put too wild a cam in my rally
car years ago-- power was up, rpms were up, top speed up but my special
stage times were down. If you are changing gears at all, "average power"
through the gears is an important concept.

On changing valve springs, I've often done it (on various engines) without
removing the head(s.)  Just feed soft nylon cord into the plug hole, bring
the piston up towards TDC slowly and when it tightens up, put a socket onto
the valve spring cap and give it a firm whack with CBT #1 (Common British
Tool #1, medium sized hammer/mallet.) Prior to all of this of course close
any holes/places where the collets/caps may fly to and drape plastic/towels
etc. around the heads so you don't lose one of those little buggers. If you
lose one you may suspect it's in the engine somewhere and do a complete
teardown/rebuild only to find it later hidden behind a brake line-- not that
this ever happened to me...

Can anyone help with tiger header pictures/suggestions??? Please :-)

cheers, derek