Squeak! Squeak!

Subject: Squeak! Squeak!
From: SJC Worldwide <ssage@socal.rr.com>
Date: Wed, 21 Mar 2001 18:18:15 -0800
What are the implications of a squeaky clutch throwout bearing (new
Centerforce clutch and bearing)?

Mine squeaks all the time when my foot isn't on the clutch. A little
weight on the pedal and the squeaking stops, but as soon as the pressure
is off the pedal, serious sqeaking resumes.

The shop that did the install says this does not cause any wear on the
clutch (how about the bearing itself failing?) and suggests I try
spraying WD 40 on the throughout bearing through the bellhousing and see
if this quiets things. What does the group think?

Steve Sage
1967 MK1A