Re: Web Site for Tiger related Pics

To: Chris Thompson <cthompson@rrinc.com>
Subject: Re: Web Site for Tiger related Pics
From: Theo Smit <tsmit@home.com>
Date: Tue, 03 Apr 2001 21:08:55 -0600
If we're looking primarily for picture storage I can talk to a friend and
co-worker who runs a mountain biking site. It generates about 10 gigabytes of
traffic a day (really!) and I doubt we'd show up on the radar. Their site allows
anyone to post any picture, as well as supporting a discussion forum. There is a
minor problem with people posting inappropriate images, and a lot of the forum
content is more juvenile than you'd ever think possible, but that's a
consequence of having things wide open. I think we'd be able to set up a
parallel database and a separate domain so the chances of cross-pollination
would be minimal...
This is not to take away from Steve's offer, to negate Tim's effort, or to
dilute any of the other online Tiger resources. It is to provide a service that
people are trying to use, without the invasion of privacy issues that using a
commercial forum site creates.

Theo