Re: Eau De Gasoline

To: bruce_childers@yahoo.com
Subject: Re: Eau De Gasoline
From: DJoh797014@aol.com
Date: Tue, 10 Apr 2001 00:46:38 EDT
Bruce

Andy is right on.  There was a CAT tech tip years
ago about the nipple on the filler neck hose cracking.
SS sells an excellent replacement that uses a
brass nipple that eliminates the problem forever.

The balance hose running between the tanks appear
to last a long long time without leaking.

I would replace the following one step at a time before
going to the next step.
(1) replace the filler neck hose with the SS replacement
(2) replace the balance hose between the tanks.
(3) Remove the small panels in the back of the
     trunk and make sure the rubber hoses connecting
     the gas pipes from the tanks are not leaking.  This
     is not common.
(4) remove the left trunk panel and make sure the
     gas tank sending unit gasket is not leaking.
(5) with the side panels moved, check to see if the
     gas tank has become perforated from rust and
     is leaking.  I hope not.  But there has been articles
     on the net about removing and refurbishing the tanks.

Good Luck.

Dave Johnson, B382002668, Aurora, IL