Re: It Looks Like It's Really Hot??!!!??

To: SJC Worldwide <ssage@socal.rr.com>
Subject: Re: It Looks Like It's Really Hot??!!!??
From: James Barrett <jamesbrt@mindspring.com>
Date: Wed, 25 Apr 2001 19:22:00 -0400
At 07:16 PM 4/24/2001 -0700, you wrote:
>Hello Sunbeamers:
>I'm getting ready to complete my air conditioning installation in the
...snip
>So, if the probe is accurate (and it's reading temperatures on the top
>surface of the manifold while the guage is reading the water inside), I
>need to re-calibrate my temp guage 30 degrees cooler, which I'll be very
>happy to do. I'd appreciate the opinions of the group.
>
>Steve Sage
>1967 Tiger MK1A (289)

Steve,
        I will be interested in your AC details.

On the gauge problem: Check your under dash voltage regulator.
The temperature reading on the gage is controlled by
the voltage as well as the resistance of the sender.
This voltage also impacts the fuel gauge reading.
The voltage regulator is very crude in that it gates
the 12 volts on and off at a relatively slow rate to
provide a lower average voltage.  Possible that you
simply have a bad ground on the voltage regulator and
are getting the full battry voltage.
        An electronic voltage regulator has been
by some one on this mail list.  Do not have his name.

James Barrett Tiger II 351C and others