RE: First Crisis - Part Two

To: <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: First Crisis - Part Two
From: "Tom Witt" <wittsend@jps.net>
Date: Thu, 5 Jul 2001 23:32:18 -0700
Shaun,

 A word of advise. Be extra careful that your tanks are empty before you
attempt to remove them. My car sat for two years before I bought it. The guy
who was storing it put what I thought was a few cupfulls of gas in as it
only had to be backed up and driven onto a trailer. Even at that I thought I
had drained out all the remaining gas. However, when I pulled one of the
large balance tube hoses A LOT OF GAS CAME GUSHING OUT!!! In my attempt to
stop the flow I moved abruptly and knocked my open bulb trouble light (while
powered up) onto my gas stewn garage floor. So do this outside, don't have
any source of ignition around and be prepared. Also a word of caution, while
repairing a fuel sender  (under the car) I accidentally bumped the loose
fuel line and a few drops of gas dribbled into my ear. It brings new meaning
to the term "liquid nails." A pain beyond description. Please take caution.
I wouldn't want to have to tell you "I told you so." All the best with your
new Tiger. Tom Witt B9470101