Re: Got me on the carpet...

To: marrone@wco.com
Subject: Re: Got me on the carpet...
From: DJoh797014@aol.com
Date: Sun, 8 Jul 2001 23:20:24 EDT
Frank

Whose carpet kit did you buy?  I got mine from
TT.  The door sill piece runs all the way from under
the kick panel in front, along the seats, and ending
as a triangular shape back where you mentioned.

One trick I used was to use some small stainless
screws with washers to hole the carpet under the
sills.  Before screwing the piece down I used nails
inserted through the carpet into the existing holes
for the threshold plates, until I get everything lined
up.  There is not much holding the top of the carpet
except the threshold plate and the kick panel.

If you haven't read it, read the tech tip I wrote that
is on the TigersUnited net.

Also as I have suggested before, consider drilling some
small 1/4 inch holes into the sill and spraying rustproofing
into the rocker panels.  If not rustproofing then some
rust converter. The threshold plate and carpet will
hide the holes.

Dave Johnson, B382002668, Aurora, IL