Re: Radial/Comp T/A

To: Tigers List <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Radial/Comp T/A
From: Stu Brennan <stubrennan@mediaone.net>
Date: Sat, 14 Jul 2001 11:41:25 -0400
A couple years back I acquired a set of wheels with some older tires on
them, for the Tiger.  They were old, but had plenty of tread left.  I
inquired to the manufacturer (Conti.) to determine their actual age, and
to get their opinion on longevity.  I can't find their reply, but I
think I remember them saying that the didn't recommend using tires
beyond about 7 years, regardless of mileage.  The rubber starts to get
hard. or something.

There was a question at the time, but I don't think that accident
involved an old tire.

Stu