RE: Shelby Acceptance

To: "'Steve Metcalfe'" <scmetcalfe@seatac.net>, tigers@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: Shelby Acceptance
From: "Fraser, Ron" <Ron.Fraser@usa.xerox.com>
Date: Tue, 17 Jul 2001 16:08:29 -0400
Steve
        I'm sure if Carroll told SAAC to include Tigers in their Registry
they would, they do listen to him.  SAAC is mostly concerned with cars built
at Shelby American and some Mustang derivatives.   If you read their
literature and their Registry you will note that there is a great deal of
concern about "AIR CARS" and bogus Shelby's.   It is a lot easier to make a
fake Shelby than a fake Tiger.   I know for fact some people who considered
remaking an R Model Shelby from just the ID Tag.   Unfortunately for them
Rick Kopec witnessed the complete destruction of that Shelby at it's final
race, so only the Tag sit on the self somewhere.
        The flip side of this is; would you really want people who are
mostly concerned with Cobra's and Shelby's putting together a Registry for
Tigers?   I think Norm did a  fabulous job with the Registry for Tigers.
We need to compliment that work and try to fill in any of the gaps
ourselves.   I consider SAAC a complimentary Club to the Sunbeam Community,
not the other way around.
Ron Fraser