Re: Shelby Acceptance

To: "Steve Metcalfe" <scmetcalfe@seatac.net>
Subject: Re: Shelby Acceptance
From: Tom Hall <modtiger@home.com>
Date: Tue, 17 Jul 2001 18:01:42 -0700
At 09:53 AM 7/17/2001 -0700, you wrote:
>I find this topic very confusing.  Shelby himself considers the cars part
>of his stable with Cobras, GT 350's etc., but at the national level of the
>club which carries his own name doesn't?
>
>Perhaps I am missing something between the lines, but it seems as if
>people at the national level of this club don't like seeing the snot
>kicked out of their precious Mustangs at races by Tigers or have some
>other axe to grind against the marque.  Maybe the president of the club
>owned a Tiger and had to work on it himself.  I could at least understand
>that....

         Your missing an important fact.  SAAC is a private,for profit
corporation owned and run by Mr Kopeck.  When you own something like that,
you don't have to ask for permission to make your own rules.  He certainly
doesn't have any problem with selling his club membership to thousands of
glass replica's.  Maybe you need to consider the perspective from the
marketing point of view.  There are tens of thousands  more "Cobras" than
Shelby ever produced and this means that the number  of potential SAAC
members  increases with time.  I have no idea why Mr Kopeck doesn't care to
embrace our "poor cousin" marque.  Several of the SAAC NorCal Division
owners have, and are thoroughly enjoying ownership of this steel bodied
brethren.

Tom