Re: Shelby Acceptance

To: <SFordRB@aol.com>, <kathy.coiner@gte.net>, <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Shelby Acceptance
From: MWood24020@aol.com
Date: Wed, 18 Jul 2001 23:06:50 EDT
In a message dated Wed, 18 Jul 2001 10:40:22 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
SFordRB@aol.com writes:

> You are right, it was a typo/brain fade. It seems that every Friday Shelby
> himself would treat the craftsmen to beer. This is particularly important in
> the case of the paint Foremen when it came to mixing next weeks paint. Being
> slightly tipsy, Guardsman Blue was never the same and had no formula by which
> to mix consistent lots of paint. It is interesting to listen to the Cobra
> people argue that their own car is the true color. Over the year Shelby has
> had a great deal of fun suggesting to individuals that the paint is a little
> too dark or light or grayish...etc..
>
> The real point is that we got ours and they got theirs and everyone is happy.
> My enjoyment of the Tiger is not dependent on something or someone else.
>
> Now, tell me what the 350 in GT350 stands for.
>
> Sean  "Dr. Moonstone"

GT350? The first story I heard was that "it was 350 feet from the shop to the
warhouse" or something like that. I believe, according to ol' Shel hisself,
that there was no significance, just liked the way it rolled off of the
tongue...of course, at that time many race cars (NASCAR) had their SAE gross
horsepower proudly displayed on the hood in big letters. Maybe Shelby wanted to
"infer" that the GT had 350 horsies under the hood, but won't admit to that
now...
Mike