Re: Choosing Carbs

To: RGGAMMA@aol.com
Subject: Re: Choosing Carbs
From: twojohnsons@home.com
Date: Wed, 08 Aug 2001 08:58:41 -0400
This type of question draws responses supporting the carb the respondee is
familiar with. I had the vacuum secondary 4 bbl Holley at first, & the
secondaries never seemed to be there when you needed them (to zip past Stu
Brennan's stocker) I obviously needed a lighter secondary spring & didn't know
how to tune it at the time. That was way before they had that clever spring
tuning diaphram kit that makes tuning easy.
I went to a Holley double-pumper & got much more power & decent mileage (if I
kept my foot out of it) and instant efficiency. Loved it. Don't know about the
Edelbrock, but I heard they were an updated Carter design. I do have Edelbrock
6037 aluminum heads, & they have excellent engineering & quality---At the top of
the aftermarket in both respects. Edelbrock has a well deserved reputation. So
you probably can't go wrong either way.
Al J.