Re: RE:Steering wheel

To: wittsend@jps.net, tigers@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: RE:Steering wheel
From: BlueGolfer@aol.com
Date: Tue, 14 Aug 2001 16:01:53 EDT
In a message dated 8/14/01 3:56:25 PM, wittsend@jps.net writes:

<< Rob wrote: " ------ (extensive woodworking comments). It's really only a
weekend project."
 I don't know, maybe if you have the shop and skills of Norm Abrams. In
fact, maybe he would do it as a project and the "available measured drawing"
could be called "The Book of Norman II" Tom Witt B9470101 >>

I dunno Tom,  we frequently get into projects well beyond the
do-it-yourselfer on this list.  Making a wood rim for the steering wheel is
much less complex than rebuilding a front suspension or a motor for that
matter.  You only need a few tools - a miter saw (motorized or hand), a
router with two maybe three different bits and a  saw (band saw, coping saw
or hand saw.) Give it a go, after all craftsmen have been making furniture
for centuries, well before electric motors came around.

Rob