Re: TAC... or Tipine Alger Confusion

To: Tom Witt <wittsend@jps.net>
Subject: Re: TAC... or Tipine Alger Confusion
From: Steve Laifman <SLaifman@SoCal.RR.com>
Date: Wed, 29 Aug 2001 16:42:31 -0700
Tom Witt wrote:
> snip----------->
> The three "featured prominently" cars (less
> those in the ad section) are the Harrington, the Demer RHD and the Ulrich
> Mark II.
>   Am I getting close. I am guessing here at the risk of great insult to
> others. However, I am implying no guilt to any party.  Regardless, I see no
> value to posing the question without finding the benificial answer. And the
> winne..... ah --- loser is ??? Tom Witt B9470101

Tom,

Bill Van Velkinburg is prominently featured in the STOA issue received
today on Tigers United XXV, and took SEcond Place in the Stock Class
Concours with the one and only Harrington Tiger ever made. If the
"featured prominently" Harrington was NOT his blue Harrington, it was an
Alpine.  There was some idiot who converted a pair of extremely rare
"last of the Harrington" Alpines into bad reproductions of a Tiger,
demolishing their value. Of course there are very nice authentic
Harrington Alpines, as well.

So, does that leave us with two suspects?

BTW: for those who did not read the results, Rob Guerra (and Jennifer)
won the Lord Rootes Cup. I have a very nice picture of him finishing it
off after filling it with Jack Daniels. He also tied for first in the
rally, second in personalized class Auto-X, (and so did Jen!) first in
Personalized Concours, first in popular vote. And now that all this
effort is behind him, about to write some great articles for
TigersUnited.com. Who better to hear from than a Winner. (BTW: Dan
Walters won the Quiz and was second in Modified Auto-X, Bill Van
Velkinburg won the Howie Schoenfeld award). They had 10 of previous Lord
Rootes award winners all lined up. What class.

Last, but not least, is the award for volunteering for the thankless
task of concours judging the functional testing of those verdampte Lucas
Electrics - Steve and Jane Sage. That takes a lot of guts and is the
most yelled at judging in an event.

Steve
--
Steve Laifman        < Find out what is most    >
B9472289              < important in your life     >

                          _/
                     _/_/_/