Re: Messed up F4B

To: Bob Palmer <rpalmer@ucsd.edu>
Subject: Re: Messed up F4B
From: Larry Paulick <larry.p@erols.com>
Date: Tue, 04 Sep 2001 09:55:53 -0400
Bob, when I did the resto on the car, I called Edelbrock tech, and asked it the
F4B should be changed the the Newer Performer RPM.

Surprise, he said that it was an excellent manifold, with a little broader rpm
range, and there was no performance need to change from the F4B.  He knew about
Tigers, and said the manifold was a good match, even today.

Funny, he could have sold me on a new manifold, if performance was better, but
no, F4B is good.

There was a tech tip in the last year, where someone had the temp sender hole
filled by alum welding, bored, and rethreaded to the proper thread for the
sender unit.  More expensive, but if helicoil doesn't work, this is an
alternative.

Larry